Thursday, January 6, 2011

Simple Bulletin Board Re-Do Tutorial

Chloe's room is getting a lil' sprucing up.
New paint, new bedding, new wall goodies and knick knacks.
My favorite item is her new bulletin board.
When I was young my bulletin board was a great way to express my likes and probably dislikes too.
This was where I kept my special goodies...photos of friends....posters of Duran Duran....tags off Eprit clothing....movie tickets...and lots of other paper pretties.
I think Chloe will enjoy having a place to stick her paper pretties too.
Just an ordinary slab of cork board would not do....no way... not in a house with a craft studio.
I gathered my cork board, a simple yet wide white ruffle and my HOT glue gun...yep got the blister to prove that.
How do I ALWAYS burn myself...how?
I glued the ruffle all the way around the board.
Then...you know how ruffle by the yard has that opening (see photo above) just glue that down too. So you will go around the whole board twice with glue...once to glue the ruffle down and again to close the opening of the ruffle.
Then go choose a collection of goodies....bits and pieces that you have or have been holding onto for a project....I grabbed a collection of flowers, a flocked deer, a glittered bird, some millinery leaves and a vintage sprig of beads.
Lay those onto your board and see how you want them placed and glue them on.
If your board is not ready to hang....turn it over and you can just hot glue a hanger on...like this.
NOTE: if your board if particularly large or heavy use a little something more than glue alone.
This makes such a pretty bulletin board.

Perfect for any little girl's room.

pretty pretty
Next on the list....make some pretty tacks.
have a happy day
Pin It!

5 comments:

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

love it! the ruffle is a brilliant idea!

Anna Marie said...

I really, really like that! I am going to use this idea (someday). My daughter is only 3 :o)

Emily Carter said...

Yes, very pretty! Thanks for linking up to our Friday Flair!

I {heart} Nap Time said...

So so cute! I'd love for you to share this at I Heart Nap Time

leah mari said...

that is a great idea! super cute and perfectly springy!