Monday, January 31, 2011

MY Felt Heart Garland .....a Tutorial....Kinda

I say this is MY felt heart garland because.....well they are everywhere.
After making my own I can see why.
It was easy....fun and it's so cute when it's done. This will last way past Valentine's Day for me.
I adore it....I do.
Early one morning I gathered my goodies and
my right hand lady Ms. Chloe and a garland making we go.
Cut loads and loads of felt hearts, it's helpful if you have some sort of die-cutter
and even more helpful if you have a right hand lady to operate it.
I love crafting trash...so pretty....even if the photo is grainy.
Now just feed those hearts under the presser foot and sew they hearts together.

It is really so therapeutic....the string of pretty hearts getting longer and longer the sewing machine making the job so easy...it just grabs each little heart and connects it to the next.
I can NEVER keep her out of felt or fabric scraps....she is after my own heart....really she it.

Eat your heart out.

Make you one....do it.
It is just so simple and such a lovely addition to your mantle Valentine's Day or not.
Make it with your kids....the time spent far succeeds the garland as lovely as it is.

post signature

Pin It!

9 comments:

Valley Girl said...

I totally agree...that is too pretty to put away after Feb14th. So yummy against the white of your fireplace, just peachy I say!!

danielle @ take heart said...

love this!!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

that is so cute!! love the colors.

Leslie @ top of the page said...

that is a very pretty garland. i love your mantle too. thanks for sharing. saw your link on BLN!

Kristen said...

I love this! What a cute idea. I'm combing the house for felt scraps right away. :)

jenn said...

I LoVe your garland!!!! makes me wish I had a sewing machine!! I LoVe all your ideas--especially the little felt book! Have a great day!

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 said...

this is so cute. how could you NOT be happy with this hanging across your mantle? :)

sjmcdowell said...

Love your heartfelt garland... they would be lovey to hang around all through the year!!!

Heartfelt Hugs...

Susan

Anonymous said...

this is so cute! I canNOT sew, but I think I could maybe do this one!