Monday, May 26, 2008

You Might Wanna Pack a Lunch For This One

I am warning you ...this is a super long...picture heavy post....we spent the entire day at Dan Nicholas Park...and this place is just packed with things to do..... I know you have all been to a park before and have probably seen everything I have to show you...but you love my blog right?....so humor me and relive our day.......first things first though

tall posie kitchen towels......very sweet...this one belongs to me....but I will be making more
I made oodles and oodles of the pleated blossoms this weekend...now appearing in the shop in twos....get yours before they are gone.....a scrapbooking must.
Thank you again Crystal for the cupcake making goodies...."we" had a blast....and then "I" cleaned up the kitchen....which does include licking the beaters...Yummy !!
Upon arriving at the park....Chloe decided we would visit the Aquarium first....she was not impressed... it consisted of a few bass....a few catfish...and a crappie or two...no salt water goodness. Oh well....on to the carousel...can't go wrong there. Is there anything more magical than a carousel?
pretty pretty...
each and every detail...and the tinkling music....fun for any age....but not for the motion sick...G sat this out.
Next a good ole' fashioned train ride...Chloe and I had much fun...G however ate his knees the whole time.

Mmmmm...Cheerwine tunnel....one of my favorite soft drinks.
we went thru 2 tunnels....and both had creepy little scenes in them...behind dirty foggy glass...I don't like this kind of stuff.
just like a roller coaster....I like the back.
creepy circus tunnel...this was the least creepy of all the stuff in here....
time for animals... I am not crazy about caged animals....but here we go anyway

This was a big guy...how regal.
we had to make a pit stop to let the hot and bothered peanut let off some steam....nothing like a good climb to calm the nerves....
she would not go anywhere near this one...
Chloe is super into how a butterfly develops....however not so much with this sign explaining every detail.
this bear breaks my heart...he has been here a long time...and every time we see him....he just paces back and forth...back and forth....

big chicken....
cutie-pa-tootie groundhog...aka woodchuck....we see these a lot around our area...I love when they stand on their hind legs and look around...
putting on a show for us....diving in his hole and running out real fast.....only to dive back in.
lunch time...peanut butter sammie and goldfish...under a big shade tree.
swan paddleboat....

Tuck from the Wonder Pets.
view off the bridge...
careful walking under all these birdhouses....
the Super Mega...Out of this World Playground....looks like every kids dream huh?
yea....Chloe stayed on this thing.....go figure...?
have a happy day
Pin It!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks like you had a fun day! I am RIGHT there with your husband on the whole motion sickness thing...ughh!! I JUST blogged about it on Saturday...it was bad, really, really bad!!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Amy Bell said...

oh..a fun trip..you know, kiddos love these trips!!! :) oh, tuck the turtle...i love the wonderpets...they are so not annoying to me...oh, and the backyardigans...love them, too.
so glad you had a good day....talk to you soon!
x0x0

lily eden said...

I want you to me my mamma! That looks like a perfect, fun filled day for chloe! thanks for sharing...