Thursday, May 15, 2008

Enough Already....Fantabulous SALE

OK..first the Fantabulous Sale at JaneSays....the WHOLE...I Love A Sale Section is 25% off....you know the routine wait on a revised invoice before paying. Here are some of the goodies you can scoop up. Recipe Fun Chipboard Book
Fresh and Fun Felt Flower

Sweet Music Frame
For the Gardner Tags
Sweet Sweet Super Sweet Scrapbook Wall Hanging


If you are sick to death of gas and food prices say I...clap your hands...stomp your feet...YELL REAL LOUD !!!!

I hate to beat a dead horse but Geeeez...we have never been what seems like so close to changing our spending habits....SERIOUSLY !! When is it gonna let up....will it ever?

It just really puts me in a bad mood...I don't like to worry about finances...most of my worries are stupid...silly even..but this economy stuff is real. My husband works for a company that has been doing some serious down-sizing....so far he has been perfectly safe he has worked there 11 years....but its getting a little too close for comfort.

My job status is becoming more worrisome as well....for those of you who don't know I work for my Grandfather's building supply company...he has been in business in the same location for 58 years...AMAZING huh?? yes the same man with the Christmas photos still in his camera....so anyway...even with Lowes (bad word) and a Home Depot (even worse word) within 5 miles he has managed to stay in business....some people just appreciate and long for that old hardware store atmosphere.....and more and more I hear him say....if things don't change I may have to close up...that is so sad to me....I know it will break his heart. Let's just hope things make a turn-a-round soon.
Pray for our country.....we need it.
have a happy day
Pin It!

3 comments:

Marie said...

You are so right. Our country deseperately needs prayer. That is the only thing that can save it! I too love the old hardware store atmosphere. Many blessings to your Grandpa and his store!

we and our three said...

My grandfather is also still working. That generation......they just can't be replaced! They are hard workers. Mine is still so "young at heart." It's hard to see them stop what they are doing. I will send a prayer up for you! Love your blog!!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

my father is a builder in Texas... I can relate to the down swing!
your grandfather... 58 years wow... that is something to be very proud of!

i hear you... i start to "worry"... "fret" over finances and then i try to remind myself to give it up... give it away... it is in God's hands.