Monday, March 5, 2012

There will be NO Manwich in this house.



























Sloppy Joes is one of the easiest and tastiest things I cook.
Everyone likes it, it's affordable and it's fast to make from scratch....no Manwich needed.

When I first got married and I was "trying" to cook for my husband I called my mom to ask how to make sloppy joes....she told me, but in her I have cooked this so many times I don't have measurements I just do a dab and a bit and smidge way...so I had to come to some good round measurements for myself...here they are :

One lb. ground beef
One 6 oz. can of tomato paste
2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
1 Tablespoon of prepared mustard
1 Tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of onion powder
salt and pepper

Brown the beef and drain off the fat.
Add some water to the beef, probably about a cup and a half-ish.
Then add all the other ingredients, salt and pepper to your liking.
Simmer covered  until thick.

Serve on a toasted bun with some really bad for you french fries.

You'll never serve Manwich again.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Panda said...

Yumm! It looks like amazing food! I will have to try out the Recipe! I love your blog

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

I'm just dropping by to tell you I tried the Buffalo Chicken Sammich slow cooker recipe and love it! Fantastically easy and yummy. And I drove my cat nuts when I made it in the crock pot and every time I heated it up (of course, she got some every time).
Oh, and I didn't put the butter in (because I forgot) and it was still tasty. Thanks for finding this really cool recipe and sharing it!!
Carol from Catitude