Thursday, March 8, 2012

Random on Thursday


I did a lil' something with these yellow paper lanterns for Chloe's room
and as soon as I can remember take my camera upstairs I'll show you.
So easy, only took 5 minutes.

On a gardening note ..... I found THIS to be very interesting.



Made one of Martha Stewart's roasts recipes for dinner a couple nights ago.
It's a slow cooker recipe.
Simple.
3 lb. roast
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. water
8 carrots cut in thirds
2 onions cut into fourths.
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Mix cornstarch and water until smooth
Pour into slow cooker.
Add veggies
Salt and Pepper roast and trim of excess fat.
Place roast on top of veggies.
Drizzle Worcestershire over roast.
Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours.
Remove to plate, slice, pout juices on if you like.
Chow down.
Note:  My roast was just a teensy but dry, next time I will turn mine over a few hours before it's 
done, so the other side of the roast can cook in the liquid for a bit.
Also..if you like your carrots really done....cut them smaller than thirds.


Tonight we had meatball sliders, which is a delicious recipe and one of my favorites
but tonight I could hardly eat it.
This has me really turned off on ground beef.
It may be over for us ground beef.....serious....this may be the straw that broke the 
camel's back.
Sad but true......



Have you ever in your life had a Cheerwine Float from Cookout ??
Holy lick my lips.....


Pin It!

No comments: