Friday, November 20, 2009

Be A Mom


Do you ever just pray
Lord
Let me be a mom
my life right now is so busy
its so easy to say to Chloe
go.....
read a book
entertain yourself
give mommy a minute
I need to do this
I need to do that
tomorrow I just want to be a mom
tomorrow I just need to be a mom
not a cook
not a maid
not a dog walker
not a painter
not a mopper
not a clock watcher
not a dish washer
not a window cleaner
not a shopper
not a TV watcher
not a crafter
not a sewer
not a daydreamer
not a time waster
not an errand runner
not a towel folder
just a mom
Lord let me
help me
just be a mom
one day at a time
be a mom
I am so type A
anal
controlling
neat-freakish
I need to
I want to
chill and be a mom
and tomorrow that is what I am gonna do

have a happy day
Pin It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely hear you!

When I got in the elevator this morning at work.... I prayed to be Julia and Nate's playmate tomorrow... a true, kind play friend. 100% attention. Very hard for me.

I'll be praying for you tomorrow - not to do laundry, or dishes, or anything....

Beca said...

I TOTALLY HEAR YOU!!! LET THAT PRAYER BE MINE TOO!! THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THIS WAY A LOT OF THE TIME!!

Just Me said...

i'm with ya sista!

apholden said...

Boy - I needed to read this today -- I pray every day to be the mom I am supposed to be. Some days are easier than others.