I was just sitting here at my desk....and a smell passed by my nose...that reminded me of the smell of a new barbie doll....do you know the smell I am speaking of..that new plastic smell...and I remember wanting my barbie to smell new as long as she could. Anyway....that incident made me begin to ponder smells from my childhood that were comforting....and when I smell those smells now...they send me right back.
1. The laundry smell coming out of the vent outside....that is a good smell.
2. Mom's clothes....when you would open one of Mom's drawers or her closet the smell...Mmmm..smells like Mom.
3. An old ice cream shop...now not a new one...and old one...the smell of the ice cream and the equipment and the floor...altogether....yummy...dont ask me why I think the floor added to the smell...I just do.
4. Paw Paw's truck...the cab of the truck...that's comforting.
5. Your pencil box at school...the combo of crayons..pencils..erasers...Ahhh..days gone by.
6. The smell playground equipment would leave on your hands...that metal smell...gotta love the merry-go-round...I don't see those anymore...what a shame.
7. The smell of lighting bugs and ladybugs....not really a good smell but so reminiscent.
8. The smell of old church hymnals.
9. The smell of a party at school...cupcakes...chips..punch...excitement
10. White rain hairspray....gotta get those bangs up....loved the 80's.
11. Strawberry shortcake dolls....man those days were so carefree...makes me wanna cry.
12. Ours was Mr. Softee..the ice cream truck that made stops in your neighborhood...that truck smelled so good.
13. The dirt floor of your make-shift clubhouse in the woods.
14. Grandma's house...need I say more.
15. and this last one...well its not so distant for me....but Mom's you know what I mean when I say the smell of a baby....Scrumptious...sweet sweet babies.
ok....let me know I am not the only smell crazy chic around...comment or do a smell post of your own.
have a happy day