Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I've Been in the Corner

That's right
I have been in the corner.
Before I recently re-did my family room there was a particular corner that
always gave me decorating anxiety.
Nothing seemed to work there and I was never happy with it.

I have been spending lots of time in that corner
determined to create something there that made me happy.

The Players:(pardon the blurry photo)
This is a print I made from a collage I did a while back, I placed it on top of some vintage fabric and a paper doily and framed it in a red distressed frame with no glass....I like the texture when there is no glass.
I displayed my milk glass collection on this shelf.
But it was B.O.R.I.N.G.
So, I whipped up a teeny tiny shelf bunting and it added the perfect little pep I was looking for.

I had a pile of these beauties lying around and I had a boring lamp.
With hot glue in hand I got at it.

LinkWell hello pretty lamp. I love this lamp now.
These blossoms can be found at JaneSays if you have a lampshade that needs some help.
Just hot-glue them on....done.

LinkOf course there are some fabric hoops on the wall, one of my most favorite wall goodies.
Now all I need is a cute pillow which I am working on as we speak and (squeal) I LOVE my corner.
Yes that is the little tree Chloe and I made, the No School Tree....remember that ?





post signature

Pin It!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love milkglass! I have been collecting it since 1998, when my grandmother passed away. lOve the way your showing your off :)